Looking for something in Episode 12? Here are dem show notes.
- New sweet treats at Disneyland! http://attractionsmagazine.com/new-treats-walt-disney-world-disneyland/
- Maleficent’s dragon burst into flames during a Disney World parade, and everyone just thought it was part of the show. https://nypost.com/2018/05/13/robot-dragon-bursts-into-flames-during-disney-world-parade/
- A community theatre in Brunswick Maine ran a production of Mary Poppins last week, and during the final dress rehearsal, the actor playing Burt the chimney sweep asked his girlfriend (also on the cast) to marry him. http://wgme.com/news/entertainment/maine-actor-pops-the-question-during-mary-poppins Congrats, Michael and Brittany!
- Disney is releasing its first line of LGBT pride merch! https://mashable.com/2018/05/15/disney-lgbtq-pride-merchandise/#jXwgmBdrhOqt
- Unions representing Disneyland workers say they have enough signatures to put a city ordinance on the Anaheim ballot to ensure a living wage for Disneyland employees! Got 20,000 signatures. http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-disney-living-wage-measure-20180430-story.html And Bernie Sanders is going to be at their rally in June! https://www.ocweekly.com/senator-bernie-sanders-set-to-appear-at-june-rally-for-disney-resort-workers/
- Disney has put up a quiz where they show you a close-up of water, and you have to guess which movie it’s from. On their first tries, Carrie got a 6 and Nat got a 5 out of 11. https://ohmy.disney.com/quiz/2018/05/02/quiz-guess-disney-movie-water/
- Album produced in 1982 by Disneyland Records.
- Also was a show on the Disney Channel hosted by Kellyn Plasschaert.
- Sometimes we call it “Mickeycise” accidentally in this episode. That’s wrong. It’s Mousercise.
- Plasschaert was convicted of a DUI in 1990 and in 1991, was arrested for trespassing, obtaining stolen goods, and threatening a witness, victim, or informants with death or great bodily injury.
- 1990 LA Courts case #: 90V09452
- 1991 LA Courts case #: 91P01853
- See the Target Pizza Planet shirt, here.
- After the episode, we contacted Michael, who proposed to his girlfriend during the Mary Poppins rehearsal, to ask which song he sang her. It was Taylor Swift’s “Love Story.”
- The Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Café is basically Starbucks, you guys.
- Award Weiners is in California Adventure.
- The Disney Food Blog has a whole entry about Disney candied apples.
- Carrie should never get this boba tea shirt.
- Disney’s new pride products support this charity until June 30th.
- Absolutely DO NOT throw sawdust on a fire to put it out. We are very dumb.
- Disney CEO Bob Iger might make $423,000,000 over the next four years. Good god.
- Ducks Dance, Too!
- Step in Time!
- The host of Mousercise was given a pretty grody title over at Dlisted.com, in 2008.
- Duck Stance is a snowboarding thing.
- Natalie says that “Get the Money (Uncle Scrooge’s Money)” is nearly identical to “Wait (The Whisper Song).”
- Speaking of Uncle Scrooge, here’s a Mental Floss article about whether Scrooge could have swum in his money.
- Uncle Scrooge probably didn’t manage The Beagle Boys, since they try to rob him.
Hey! Why don’tcha become one of our patrons, so you can get our live track of us exercising to Mousercise!
The monthly call is going to Themos Politiss!
Thank you to our wonderful patrons!